Thermocouple Interconnection Solutions
In addition to thermocouple turbine gas measurement sensors, Auxitrol Weston have also been providing major aircraft engine and gas turbine manufacturers with interconnection solutions for more than four decades.
Our pedigree built on many different types of aerospace and industrial engines together with our deep understanding of thermocouple technology and our unique expertise in mineral insulated cables allows us to propose a bespoke solution to interconnect sensors,. This includes temperature and speed, for all sizes of engine, mounting and air temperatures or other installation constraints.
For electrical interfaces/connection points a variety of configurations of terminal blocks, flying leads with different terminations and low and high temperature connectors can be offered.
Recent innovations at Auxitrol Weston include the development of harness assemblies aimed at next generation turbines, where arrangements of 16 thermocouples or more can be designed for precise resistance control, to optimise accuracy.
- Flexible or rigid minerally insulated cables available
- Class 1 materials used where required
- Temperature range of MI insulated cable: -65°C to >+900°C continuous
- Temperature range of flexible harness: -65°C to +400°C continuous
- High temperature terminal blocks up to +430°C
- High temperature connectors up to +460°C
- Mating connectors available
- BUS bars
- Harness MTBF as high as 8million EOH (Engine Operating Hours)
- Electrically simple with metal/ceramic bodies
- Outstanding EMC compliance
- In house capability