Moderate Temperature Vibration Sensors
Auxitrol Weston has been involved with the development and supply of aerospace standard vibration sensors for the world’s leading engine OEMs for over 15 years. As a tier 1 supplier Auxitrol Weston has contributed to the verification and validation of bespoke vibration sensor designs to meet the customer specifications.
Adding to our formidable portfolio of class leading sensors for extreme operating environments, Auxitrol Weston has now developed its first in a range of technologically competitive vibration measurement sensors. Combining our considerable aerospace sensor design expertise and serial manufacturing pedigree to create piezoelectric accelerometers that are commercially competitive, reliable and expertly engineered for aerospace.
The basis of the moderate temperature design uses a ceramic piezoelectric material operating in a shear mode giving not only the benefit of reduced sensitivity to base strain, but also the specific core design offers reduced transverse (cross axis) sensitivity. The design is fully hermetic to prevent ingress of contaminants and to ensure the electrical performance is maintained.
- Operating temperature capability from -54°C to +260°C
- Typical output 20pC/g ±3%
- Typical resonant frequency circa 26 kHz
- Transverse sensitivity <5%
- Output configuration – Floating Differential
- Highly competitive overall accuracy
- Low Cost
- Simple, effective and highly reliable design
- Robust and fully hermetic
- Effective cross-axis cancellation
- Reduced base-strain effects
- Low sensitivity to pyroelectric effects
- Low thermal noise
- Modular design allowing easy configuration to customer’s specific installation requirements
- Responsibly sourced commercially available materials