We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
This is a role requires a dynamic and energetic buyer capable in solving the root cause of problems and delivering the solution. They shall operate in a fast paced Purchasing and Operations environment and shall be capable of being flexible in managing and prioritising a number of issues. A highly varied role where project management, contract knowledge, negotiation and influencing skills will be utlised. This role is an opportunity for a buyer to progress to a new level and they will be supported by a broad depth of experience within the Supply Chain team.
- Manage a defined range of commodities and key suppliers driving improvements to the “5 Rights” in support of the business objectives.
- Be able to take responsibility for actions and keep hold of issues whilst delivering the solution to all root causes – not quick fixes.
- Communicate well as part of a team
- Ensuring queries are resolved quickly for the tactical level
- Identify risk within the supply chain and manage the appropriate plans to address these in line with recognised tools and standards.
- Contribute to and lead key improvement projects related to systems and processes in use both within the department and cross-functionally.
- Perform business and performance reviews of suppliers
- Identify and deliver cost down initiatives, period on period.
- Provide costs and view opportunities and alternatives providing long term lowest cost solution.
- Support and provide a commercial interface for purchase of non-production requirements.
- Provide support for NPI and Innovation projects
- Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment, Aerospace/medium batch high variety
- Previous proven experience of managing sourcing solutions and supply chain problems within the external supply chain.
- Commercially astute
- Confident and professional manner in dealing with suppliers and internal customers
- Demonstrable experience and success in previous role
- Task performance driven and keen to progress
- A strong individual capable of working on own initiative whilst being a good team player
- Experienced in managing, interpreting and analysing purchasing data with strong IT skills.
- Use of MRP system for in a manufacturing & production environment.
- Understanding and experience of export regulations and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Business/Commercial audit experience
- Experience in a Lean manufacturing / Supply Chain
- MCIPS or studying towards MCIPS
- Qualification in engineering or business discipline (ideally degree qualified) or experience in working in a technical environment.
- Customer Focus: knows how and understand the needs of internal and external customers. Is result oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values: adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance.
- Integrity and Trust: widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Values Diversity: supports fair and equal treatment of all
- Problem Solving: Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Functional technical skills: possesses the skills to be effective in the job and has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Listening: practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action orientated: full on energy, willing to take action.
- Composure: cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected is a settling influence