Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
As Senior SQE you will evaluate and audit current supply base ensuring that regulatory, customer and business quality requirements are adhered to. Leading suppliers through development programmes to ensure that supplier performance meets the current and future needs of Weston Aerospace. The role spectrum will include Production, NPI and Innovation departments. Travels to Supplier’s facilities is expected to be Worldwide.
- Visit Supplier’s facilities, providing technical advice and guidance to suppliers where required in order to reduce defect rates, observing the manufacturing environment to review and assess supplier processes and procedures.
- Crucial support to the supply chain, facilitate POCCET, Facilitate purchasing and engineering in researching, sourcing, and assessing the best vendors to supply the necessary materials.
- Report to the Quality Engineering Manager on major issues and key performance indicators.
Supplier approval and Maintenance
- Participate in cross functional teams conducting supplier/sub-tier selection
- Conduct supplier/sub-tier audits as well as internal Product/Process, System and Environmental Audits
- Generate quality and performance metrics and report regularly
- Maintain the appropriate records of supplier approval, certificates, audit, visit, and performance, to ensure that we satisfy Company, Customer and regulatory requirements.
Serial Production Phase
- Manage supplier/sub-tier returns process.
- Manage supplier/sub-tier corrective action requests ensuring adequate investigation, corrective, preventive and close out actions are undertaken and that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage customer quality issues with sub-tier products and ensure effective problem resolution
- Deploy PPAP to supplier/sub-tier
- Reviews quality problems with Operations/Engineering personnel and direct actions to correct discrepancies. TCC / MRB / RCCA.
- Issues corrective actions of deficient processes and follows up to verify corrective/preventive action effectiveness via SCAR.
- Assist Engineering for ECN (Engineering Change Notes)
- Assist in preparation of DFMEAs and PFMEAs (AS13004 standard)
- Assist in the generation of Process Capability Studies following AS13006 – Process Control Methods standard.
- Assist in external Laboratory analysis, including but not limited to part preparation, peer review report, external visit, export/ship test pieces.
- Assist in the generation of part Appearance Approval report.
- Review and approve Supplier/Sub-tier First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR).
- Facilitate problem solving activities and manufacturing improvements using 8D, DMAIC or other quality tools
- Degree in electromechanical engineering or equivalent professional qualification
- Ability to make decisions and follow through any given actions to a successful end result
- Ability to challenge the norm
- Ability to work with employee, suppliers and customers at all levels
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform calmly and reasonably under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
- Customer Focus: knows how and understand the needs of internal and external customers. Is result oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values: adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance.
- Integrity and Trust: widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Values Diversity: supports fair and equal treatment of all
- Problem Solving: Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Functional technical skills: possesses the skills to be effective in the job and has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Listening: practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action orientated: full on energy, willing to take action.
- Composure: cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected is a settling influence
- Approachability: Easy to talk to, able to put others at ease.
- Priority Setting: Able to quickly zero in on the critical few leaving the trivial many.
- Drive for Results: Reliable performer who can be counted on to achieve consistent results.