We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
For existing and New Product, the Quality Engineer – NPI will designs, implements and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into finished products. Supports the compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality, and regulatory standard requirements for worldwide distribution. Inspects, tests and evaluates the precision and accuracy of production processes and equipment. Assists in report production for trend analysis. Upholds the company’s quality standards and testing systems to reflect efficiency, reliability and performance.
Responsible for ensuring the required product quality levels are attained. This is achieved by continually monitoring inspection activity and leading continual improvement activities using quality tools and methods.
Experience/Skills of the job:
- Reviews quality problems with Operations/Engineering personnel and direct actions to correct discrepancies. MRB / RCCA.
- Prepares periodic and special reports concerning departmental activities, problems, schedules, rejected items, rolled throughput yield and cost of quality. TCC / KPI Reporting.
- Aids in organizational planning by participating in departmental conferences.
- Identifies and understands quality provisions of the customer contract, specifications and expectations.
- Issues corrective actions of deficient processes and follows up to verify corrective/preventive action effectiveness via FRACAS.
- Investigates manufacturing process/methods ensuring proper traceability and robustness are achieved.
- Prepares inspections and test plans and leads process improvement projects supporting Weston’s continual improvement efforts. Control Plans.
- Assist Engineering for ECN (Engineering Change Notes)
- Assist in preparation of DFMEAs and PFMEAs (AS13004 standard)
- Assist in preparation of Process Flow, identify process risks, quality control gate, Product/Process KPIs.
- Ensure compliance to MSA, perform new analysis if required.
- Lead the generation of Process Capability Studies following AS13006 – Process Control Methods standard.
- Assist in external Laboratory analysis, including but not limited to part preparation, peer review report, external visit, export/ship test pieces.
- Lead the generation of part Appearance Approval report.
- Lead the generation of First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR).
- Facilitate problem solving activities and manufacturing improvements using 8D, DMAIC or other quality tools
- Support equipment calibration
- Support and approve internal Heat treatment certificates to AMS 2750
- Conduct Internal audits such as system, environmental, product and process.
- Be able to program and troubleshoot CMM equipment.
- Release product via EASA Form 1
- Act as the Quality Engineering representative for NPI Teams.
- Manage and Deliver PPAP deliverables and customer specific requirements.
- Degree in electromechanical engineering or equivalent professional qualification
- Ability to make decisions and follow through any given actions to a successful end result
- Ability to challenge the norm
- Ability to work with employee, suppliers and customers at all levels
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform calmly and reasonably under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
- Customer Focus: knows how and understand the needs of internal and external customers. Is result oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values: adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance.
- Integrity and Trust: widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Values Diversity: supports fair and equal treatment of all
- Problem Solving: Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Functional technical skills: possesses the skills to be effective in the job and has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Listening: practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action orientated: full on energy, willing to take action.
- Composure: cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected is a settling influence