Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager will establish, administer and maintain a quality system which adheres to AS9100D, customer and regulatory requirements. Perform and coordinate periodic reviews of the quality system and recommend improvements and corrections as necessary. Responsible for customer communication and follow-up on Quality related issues. Ensure throughput of inspections and shipments daily. Position will work with Design & Manufacturing Engineering during development to advise on design-in quality issues and to provide input for quality planning. Position will also work with Purchasing Department on vendor selection, development and control to achieve specified quality of received materials and products.
- Prepares reports for Management about effectiveness of Quality Management System and recommendations for improving it.
- Responsible for the mentoring, training, motivation and discipline of assigned employees.
- Participates in the Quality strategic planning.
- Develops long-term plans and ensures appropriate skillsets are available and ready when needed.
- Focuses on processes to enable continuous improvement across multiple units; ensures effective horizontal and vertical communications to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Develops, assists in the evaluation, and implements changes in work operations and processes to improve compliance with company policies and the quality management system.
- Leads initiatives designed to improve the organization’s quality baseline and to reduce or eliminate non-value producing functions, processes, and procedures.
- Coaches and champions teams, leads multi-discipline and/or cross-functional teams. Advises management on trends, customer returns, internal audit results and internal corrective actions.
- Works with Design & Manufacturing Engineering during development to advise on design-in quality issues and to provide input for quality planning.
- Works with the Purchasing Department on vendor selection, development and control to achieve specified quality of received materials and products.
- Works with all Customers to ensure satisfaction with Quality & Delivery
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of Quality Management experience.
- Ability and comfort with accurately speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated team leader with the ability to lead and sustain improvement activities.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software program.
- Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications.
- Must have previous AS9100D Internal Audit Experience.
- Familiar knowledge of basic lean manufacturing methodologies including: workplace organization, just in time principles, visual management and value stream mapping.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to travel on an ‘as needed’ basis when business demands or customers require so.
- Must be able to maintain composure while under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to operate and maintain a given budget.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
- Strong motivational and team development skills.
- Must be able to manage and facilitate customer onsite source inspectors (when applicable).
- Demonstrated success in employee relations and leadership.
Kirkhill, Inc. Competencies
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 -7 years of Quality Management experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in the with elastomers or plastics industry preferred.
- Previous experience building a strong and positive team environment.
- Previous experience managing and achieving budgetary requirements within a department.
- Previous experience recommending and initiating corrective actions.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- ASQ certifications for one or more disciplines
Kirkhill, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All successful candidates must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check as a condition of employment.