Manufacturing Process Improvement Engineer
We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
A Manufacturing Engineer with a high level of capability to implement radical changes to existing processes. Responsible for delivering significant cost savings through manufacturing process change.
Process improvement: ability to rapidly understand manufacturing processes and implement changes to reduce cost. These changes include, but are not limited to: Automation, Robotics, Automated inspection and testing.
High level of technical competence: able to evaluate and manage technical and project risk.
Produce solid logical reasoning backed up with demonstrated technical evidence for manufacturing process change. Validate changes to achieve capable processes that meet all technical requirements.
Produce detailed specifications for external suppliers; manage internal and external engineering projects.
Must have a good combination of hard engineering skills coupled with problem solving ability. Ideal candidate will love a challenge and be energetic at tackling complex issues using: radical ideas, technology and innovation.
A strong background in implementing manufacturing process change. Good understanding of mechanical assembly and electrical test. A proven track record of optimising key manufacturing processes such as: welding, vacuum brazing and coil winding.
Experienced in introducing Automation, Robotics and Automated Test Equipment. Strong negotiation skills, ability to build relationships and drive change introducing new ideas.
- Proven experience in a similar role that encompasses the above responsibilities
- Experience of: Pick and Place, Robotics, Automation, LabView or similar
- Understanding and experience of lean manufacturing
- Strong analytical and hard engineering skills
- Engineering project management including technical risk management e.g. PFMEA, etc.
- Degree in mechanical/production engineering or a HNC/HND
- 6 Sigma experience
- 3D CAD
- Drives for results and accountability – Sets high but achievable standards for self and others. Seeks opportunities to improve processes and outcomes. Constantly reviews performance to identify areas to develop. Aware of customer needs. Professional approach to customers. Is reliable and delivers on promises.
- Team Work and communication – Encourages co-operation. Aware of the needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports other team members. Help to develop others. Prioritises team goals over individual goals. Energetic and collaborative.
- Initiative, independence, flexibility and adaptability – Able to work things out without having to be shown. Takes responsibility for own time and effectiveness. Able to spot and implement opportunities for improving situations. Learns new things on own initiative. Responds positively to change and adapts quickly. Takes on a diverse range of tasks equally and effectively. Learns new tasks rapidly. Responds quickly and appropriately. Deals with changing priorities.
- Self-confidence and resilience – Rises to a challenge with good humour. Stays calm in a crisis. Handles competing demands. Recovers from setbacks. Welcomes and learns from criticism.
- Judgement, decision and problem solving – Uses data to drive decisions. Seeks alternative viewpoints, rejects confirmation bias. Recognises priorities. Evaluates risks. Reaches logical conclusions and executes a plan of action. Ability to scope problems. Demonstrate structured problem solving. Be creative in finding solutions. Ability to evaluate and optimise solutions. Resourceful in identifying and utilising information sources. Persists in seeking information and adopts a variety of strategies. Questions, checks and evaluates information and sources. Attention to detail.