We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
Reporting to the Supply Chain & SIOP Manager the Logistics Manager will work within the Supply Chain structure to manage efficiently the end to end flow of material from incoming, through to shipping. The Logistics Manager will provide, and sustain a robust & compliant Import & Export service, which meets with HM revenue Customs & Procedures. The Logistics Manager will ensure the efficient running of the quality release department & maintain despatch records and audit logs whilst ensuring release documentation is correct and meets customer requirements. Take a lead role in daily despatch meetings to support Operational
Manage the Logistics team to insure all business & personnel needs are met.
Provide a transparent and proactive working environment to allow the team to grow.
Lead by example with a ‘Can-Do’ attitude.
- Overseeing the Incoming receipt, movement, distribution, and storage of materials and inventory.
- Stock control checks as per Cycle count procedure.
- Shipping, Import & Export compliance with customs regulations.
- Perform quality over check on production parts as required.
- Co-ordinate despatch requirements with customer services department and advise the Q.A. Manager of any problems.
- Prepare customer reports and certificates and raise release order documentation.
- Maintain customer delegated release inspection logs…
- Organise and control sample material testing of receipt raw materials.
- Monitor concession and production permits, maintain RCN log.
- Dealing with queries from other departments.
- Provide support to the quality assurance manager as and when required.
- Hire, train, and manage warehouse staff.
- Coordinate Capacity scheduling within the Logistics team.
- Oversee workplace safety standards and ensure compliance.
- Documentation & Record keeping – Ensure that we are completing correct shipping paperwork both internal hardcopies & online website information.
- Manage KPI’s for the Logistics team.
Previous proven experience in Quality Control. Material management experience including traceability & stock accuracy. Previous experience in Import/Export procedures. Sound PC skills (Excel, Word, databases etc.). Enthusiastic and hardworking individual. Proactive self-starter and able to work unsupervised. A good communicator, with the ability to communicate at all levels within and external to the business. Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Customer Focus: knows how and understand the needs of internal and external customers. Is result oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values: adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance.
- Integrity and Trust: widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Values Diversity: supports fair and equal treatment of all
- Problem Solving: Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Functional technical skills: possesses the skills to be effective in the job and has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Listening: practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action orientated: full on energy, willing to take action.
- Composure: cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected is a settling influence