Reporting to the Logistics Manager the Import/Export Controller will work within the Supply Chain structure to provide, and sustain a compliant import & export service. Ensuring that we process both imports and exports in compliance with HM Revenue & Customs procedures.
- Documentation & Record keeping – Ensure that we are completing correct shipping paperwork both internal hardcopies & online website information.
- Procedures – Adhering to Customs Procedures for Importing and Exporting
– Home Use, – End Use, -VAT, Intrastats
– Duty Relief IPR/OPR – Inward Processing Relief/Outward Processing Relief
- Customs Compliance – Import & Export compliance with customs regulations
- Manage Adhoc Export Shipments
- NES Export Declarations & other Import entries for Export shipment
- Ensure Imports/Exports comply with tariffs, duty regulations
- Clearance of all incoming Purchased parts including Sub-Tier & Mexico
- Export shipping – create & manage paperwork and use of all portals
- Approval and Validation of all commercial invoices
- Fully conversant with all supplier portals (RR Matrix, PWC, GE, etc.)
- Ensure all customer deliveries are met
- Maintain knowledge of Local, national & International customs procedures/practices
- Be conversant with all the scanning and archiving of paperwork
- Fully interact with other departments
- Qualified in the shipment of Dangerous Goods by Air
- Qualified in Known Consignor Aviation Security Training
- Sound PC skills (Excel, Word, databases etc.).
- Enthusiastic and hardworking individual
- Proactive self-starter and able to work unsupervised
- A good communicator, with the ability to communicate at all levels within and external to the business
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Previous proven experience covering most of the above
Auxitrol Weston Operating Unit consists of 4 manufacturing plants, Auxitrol SA (France), Weston Aerospace Ltd (UK), Norwich Aero Products Inc. (USA), Auxitrol Weston (Mexico), with R & D departments as well and 5 repair capabilities in France, UK, USA, Singapore and Guangzhou (China).
Our world-renowned expertise, places us at the forefront of suppliers.
Weston Aerospace Ltd has approximately 160 employees at Farnborough whose responsibilities are to design and manufacture temperature, speed and pressure sensors for gas turbine and airframe applications.
We also have extensive environmental test facilities to verify our products’ performance, replicating and exceeding hostile operating conditions.
We have another smaller manufacturing dedicated analogue indicator site based at Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire with 16 employees.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Manufacturing Team.
GDPR Recruitment Statement
By submitting this application form to Auxitrol Weston you are consenting to the processing and storage of your personal data in order that you can progress through our recruitment process.
If your application is successful we will retain your information for the duration of your employment and up to 10 years after the end of your employment.
If your application is unsuccessful we will retain your information for 6 months; after this date it will be safely destroyed.