Accounts Assistant – 12 Month Maternity Cover – Farnborough
Who are we:
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant who is both enthusiastic and analytical with excellent attention to detail.
Auxitrol Weston Operating Unit consists of four design & manufacturing plants; Auxitrol SA (France), Weston Aerospace Ltd (UK), Norwich Aero Products Inc. (USA) and Auxitrol Weston (Mexico). With repair capabilities in France, UK, USA, Singapore and China.
Weston Aerospace Ltd has approximately 160 employees at Farnborough whose responsibilities are to design and manufacture temperature, speed and pressure sensors for gas turbine and airframe applications.
We have extensive environmental test facilities to verify our products’ performance, replicating and exceeding hostile operating conditions.
We have another smaller manufacturing site dedicated to analogue indicators, based in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire with 16 employees.
To play a key role in the department meeting its internal and external reporting requirements by managing customer resolutions, securing company cash flow and maintaining an accurate trial balance.
- Management of Key Customer issues
- Raising, tracking and concluding resolution requests
- Cross function communications
- Credit control
- Reviewing sales ledger and chasing outstanding debt due from external customers.
- Liaising with Customer Services to resolve queries
- Liaising with Sales to ensure credit limits are not breached
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconciling three bank accounts, including foreign currency accounts
- Processing transactions, both payments and customer receipts
- Processing intercompany transactions in both companies affected
- Fixed Asset Management
- Maintenance of FMIS software including additions and disposals
- Post monthly depreciation journal
- Reporting on spend per Capital Request
- Support to audit process
- Manage prepayment accounts within company Balance Sheet
- Support of Month-end Process – journals, ad hoc tasks as required
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Intermediate Excel (lookup formulae, pivot tables, linked cells)
- Comfortable with foreign currencies and exchange rates
- Previous experience of working in a Finance function
- Proactive and able to work unsupervised, and as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Comfortable dealing with non-finance professionals of all levels
- Customer Focus: Understand the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ethics and Values: adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance.
- Integrity and Trust: widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Values Diversity: supports fair and equal treatment of all
- Problem Solving: Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Composure: cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected is a settling influence